General safety for any candle:
- Never leave a burning candle unattended!
- Do not place near flammable objects such as curtains, walls, etc.
- Place on a protected, heat resistant, level surface.
- Keep candle free of wick trimmings, matches, or other foreign matter that could be a fire hazard.
- Avoid walking with lit candles.
- Keep wick trimmed to 1/4 inch at all times to avoid carbon build up on the wick (mushrooming), dark smoking, and soot in the air and on walls or furniture.
- Allow candle to cool before trimming wick or relighting.
- To avoid glass containers shattering: Do not burn a candle in a container that is chipped or cracked. Do not allow candle to burn completely down to the bottom of container, stop about 1/2 inch short. Do not allow flame to touch sides of container.
- Containers may become very hot, handle with care!
- Allow candle to cool before replacing lid on jar.
- Container candles & votive containers should be set in a wire holder or on a trivet to protect surfaces from heat. Hot candle jars can damage furniture.
- All candles from time to time will produce some smoke and soot, but proper burning (keeping wick trimmed and avoiding drafts, etc.) will help eliminate this problem.
- Burn candles 1 hour for each inch of its diameter. This allows the flame time to melt the wax to the outer edge. Burning less time will cause the candle to core burn down the middle & shorten burn time. Example: a 3" wide candle should be burned for 3 hours at a time.
- Use Amy's Wick Trimmers to trim wicks in jars in which scissors won't fit.
- Candles will fade if left in direct sunlight or spotlights for extended periods of time.
- Candles (generally tapers or pillars) refrigerated before using will burn more slowly and evenly. Wrap in foil or plastic before refrigeration to prevent wicks from absorbing moisture.
- To extinguish a candle, use a candle snuffer, or hold fingers in front of the flame and blow. This will prevent hot wax from splattering on furniture.
- If a wick becomes too short to light, carve away enough wax to expose the fresh wick, then trim 1/4 inch off the top of the candle and burn the candle to reform it's appearance.
- Crooked burning: If wick moves off center, use a butter knife to gently push it back to center.
- If soot builds up inside container, clean with a paper towel & lighter fluid or Windex. Wipe over the cleaned area with water dampened paper towel afterward. Allow the container to dry thoroughly before relighting. Baby wipes work as well!
- Clean soiled or scratched candles with old nylons or use a touch of salad oil on a soft cloth.
- Remove wax from holders by running very hot water over them.
- To remove wax from washable fabrics, scrape off excess wax and run boiling water through the material.
Amy's Pure Oils:
- Absolutely NO refunds or exchanges allowed for all oils.
- For oil warmer use only. These oils will not work with other diffusers such as reed diffusers.
- Do NOT use on skin or clothing.
Amy's Country Candles® offers international shipping. For international shipping, please contact our headquarters by phone at 985-449-111, to place an order.